1. Provide accurate information about your medical history.
2. Ask questions if you do not understand the explanation of your diagnosis, treatment, prognosis, or any instructions.
3. Follow instructions concerning medications, follow-up visits, patient education, and to notify the clinician if this plan cannot be followed.
4. Arrive as scheduled for appointments, and notify the Rutgers University-Newark Health Services at least 24 hours in advance of a cancelled appointment, in consideration of fellow students. After two No-shows a $5.00 penalty will be charged before the next visit and $10 for any subsequent No-shows.
5. Provide accurate information and pay prompt attention processing your insurance claims.
6. Advise medical staff about advance directives or living wills which may affect medical decisions.
7. Pay any charges billed to you.
8. Follow rules and regulations posted within the Rutgers University-Newark Health Services.
9. Be considerate and respectful of the rights of other patients and health care personnel.
10. Must turn off cell and texting/messaging phones upon entering the Rutgers University-Newark Health Services.
11. Provide an adult person for transport to/from another facility and to accompany patient.
Last revised: July 23, 2015