Health Services Eligibility Summer 2018
May 29, 2018
Summer 2018 Health Services eligibility begins May 29, 2018 and ends August 14, 2018.
Spring 2018 Student Health Insurance plan extends through the Summer and ends August 14, 2018.
Begins May 29, 2018 and ends August 14, 2018
All students enrolled in any of the RU Summer 2018 sessions:
- Eligible to be seen at the Health Services during the summer period.
- There are NO CO-PAYS and NO LIMITS to the number of visits. See below for costs of laboratory testing and immunizations.
- To facilitate check-in, please bring your Summer session paid term bill.
- See "Laboratory Testing & Immunization Costs" below.
Students who were Full-time in RU Spring 2018 semester but are not enrolled in any of the 2018 Summer sessions:
(including Full-time graduating students)
- Pay a one-time Summer Health Service fee of $41.00.
- There are NO CO-PAYS and NO LIMITS to the number of visits.
Students who were Part-time in RU Spring 2018 semester and are not enrolled in any of the 2018 Summer session:
(did not pay the Spring 2018 Health Services fee and the Student Health insurance)
- Charged a per-visit fee.
Laboratory testing and Immunization Costs:
- Students who purchased the student health insurance plan are covered for routine and STD laboratory testing and immunizations.
- Students who waived the student health insurance are personally responsible for laboratory testing (sent to an outside laboratory testing facility) fees and the costs of immunizations. Most routine and STD testing are low cost (e.g. cholesterol $2.38, HIV antibody $3.81, strep culture $3.78). Students need to call their private health insurance regarding reimbursements of these costs. Health services and its staff do not participate in any insurance policies.
Next School Year Fall 2018-2019
- The Fall semester 2018-2019 and the NEW student health insurance plan 2018-2019 (details will be available soon) begin August 15, 2018.