Sexual Assault Medical Services
The Rutgers University-Newark Health Services, a designated confidential resource, provides medical management for Rutgers students who are victims of sexual assault.
RU Health Services-Newark safeguards confidentiality and privacy of protected health information as required by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA).
- Monday-Friday 8:30AM - 4:30PM
- Call 973-353-5232
After-work hours or anytime 24/7:
- Health Services 24-hr Nurse Line: Call 866-221-9674
- Rutgers Police Department-Newark Division (On-Campus): Call 973-353-5111
- SAVE of Essex County Hotline: Call 877-733-2273 (CARE)
- Hospital Emergency Rooms:
- Beth Israel Medical Center: 973-926-7240
- Mountainside: 973-429-6000
- Saint Barnabas: 973-322-5180
- University Hospital: 973-972-5123
For Any Emergency: Call 9-1-1