Couscous Salad Recipe
Tips: If you use fresh lemons, be careful to only use the yellow outer part of the rind. You can also buy lemon peel in the spice isle. You can use fresh or bottled lemon juice
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 cup uncooked original couscous
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley1 (15-ounce) can black beans, drain beans, rinse with cold water and drain again
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen whole-kernel corn, thawed and drained
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Bring water to a boil in a medium saucepan, and stir in couscous.
- Remove from heat; cover and let stand 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork.Combine couscous, parsley, beans,and corn in a large bowl; toss.
- Combine dressing ingredients, stir.
- Add to couscous mixture; toss well. Chill